Hospitality Expert Witness On ADR Part 3

In Alternative Dispute Resolution in the Hospitality Industry hospitality expert witness Maurice Robinson writes:

ADR Providers A “provider” organization is usually needed to administer the dispute resolution process,
such as a hearing. There are numerous providers of these services, including organizations such as the American Arbitration Association (AAA), JAMS, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), and the Institute of Conflict Management (ICM), which has provided the training and certification of ISHC panel members to date. While ICM is currently the ISHC’s preferred vendor relationship for the provision of support services in ADR, all panel members are prepared to serve with any provider in the ADR field where the circumstances dictate or are appropriate. Some existing contractual agreements within the hospitality industry, for example, provide for the application of AAA or JAMS rules, under which all panel members would serve. It is important to note, however, that the parties involved can agree to use any provider organization to resolve a dispute, even if it is not named in the original contract.