Video capture expert witnesses may opine on digital multimedia evidence and streaming media, as well as related topics. Definitions include:
Multimedia Evidence Analog or digital media, including, but not limited to, film, tape, magnetic and optical media, and/or the information contained therein. NOTE: The term Digital Multimedia Evidence (DME) used in this document refers specifically to multimedia evidence in a digital form.
Forensic Video Analysis Forensic Video Analysis is the scientific examination, comparison and/or evaluation of video in legal matters.
Integrity Verification The process of confirming that the data presented is complete and unaltered since time of acquisition.
Authentication The process of substantiating that the data is an accurate representation of what it purports to be.
Read more: leva.org.
As a condition to the use of this document and the information contained therein, the LEVA requests notification by e-mail before or contemporaneous to the introduction of this document, or any portion thereof, as a marked exhibit offered for or moved into evidence in any judicial, administrative, legislative or adjudicatory hearing or other proceeding (including discovery proceedings). Such notification shall include:
1) The formal name of the proceeding, including docket number or similar identifier;
2) The name and location of the body conducting the hearing or proceeding;
3) The subsequent to the use of this document in a formal proceeding please notify LEVA as to its use and outcome; and
4) The name, mailing address (if available) and contact information of the party offering or moving the document into evidence.
Notifications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the user’s responsibility to ensure they have the most current version of this document. It is recommended that previous versions be archived for future reference, as needed, in accordance with that agency’s policies.
LEVA grants permission for redistribution and use of all publicly posted documents provided that the following conditions are met:
1) Redistributions of documents or parts of documents must retain the LEVA cover page containing the disclaimer.
2) Neither the name of LEVA nor the names of contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from its documents.
3) Any reference or quote from a LEVA document must include the version number (or create date) of the document and mention if the document is in a draft status.