In THE BUSINESS SECURITY TEST, dance club security expert witness Robert A. Gardner, CPP, writes that “no business is totally immune from the threat of crime but a little prior planning and a few common sense precautions are all that is necessary to deter most criminals.”
1. Are all vulnerable points adequately lighted?
2. Is shrubbery trimmed to provide for good visibility at all vulnerable points
3. Is all access to the roof eliminated or secured?
4. Have weeds and trash near your building been cleared away?
5. If a fence would improve your protection, do you have one?
6. Is your fence high enough and/or protected with barbed wire or tape?
7. Is your fence in good repair?
8. Are gates in good repair and locked properly?
9. Have you protected solid block walls and wooden fences that someone could climb and/or hide behind?