Expert Witnesses In Slip & Fall Cases Part 4
In More effective use of experts in slip-and-fall cases - The right expert will help you to better prepare the case and win it at trial, attorney David Reinard writes:
There is a second reason (besides
trial) to retain an expert. A good expert
can help you prepare the case. The
expert can (and should):
Help you prepare for key defense depositions,
particularly the “Person Most
• Make you aware of minefields to be
avoided at your client’s deposition.
• Educate you about issues you might
• Recognize when another type of expert
is needed, and suggest names.
• Provide a declaration to defeat a summary
• Help you decide whether to settle or
go to trial.
• Give you a reality check as to your
chances for success.
• Assess the opposing expert, the
expert’s opinions and assist in preparing
you for cross-examination at the expert’s
from the defense in written discovery.
(The Advocate Magazine, March 2012)
David Reinard is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, a member of ABOTA, and is regularly designated a Super Lawyer. He has tried dozens of cases throughout California.